Why the Macedonians and Bulgarians are Two Separate Nations?
1. The roots of the Macedonians are in ancient Macedonia in Europe since 8th century BC, while the roots of the Bulgarians are in the Turko-Morgilic Bulgars who came to Europe from Asia in the 7th century AD. While the Bulgars are intruders in the Balkans, the Macedonians had preserved their name through the centuries and evidence shows that they have always associated themselves with the ancient Macedonians.
2. When the Macedonian king Alexander the Great (336-323 BC) conquered Asia, he too conquered ancient Bulgaria. In the writings of the ancient historian Pseudo-Calisthenes there is a list of the nations that the Macedonians conquered and the Bulgars are on that list along with the Greeks, Egyptians, Persians, and the other conquered nations.
3. When Rome conquered the Balkans, Macedonia and its eastern neighbor Thrace became part of the Roman Empire. In the late 4th century AD with the split of the Roman Empire, Macedonia and Thrace became part of the East Roman (or Byzantine) Empire.
4. In the 6th century the Slavs invaded the Balkans including Macedonia and Thrace and settled among the ancient Macedonians and Thracians.
5. In the 7th century the Turko-Mongolic Bulgars for a very first time entered Europe from their original Asian home, invaded Thrace, and subdued the Thracians and Slavs. Since this moment the mix between the Bulgar intruders, Thracians, and Slavs will result in the formation of the modern Bulgarian nation.
6. The Bulgars also attacked Macedonia, Epirus, Serbia, conquered parts of these lands, and held them for some time but never permanently. Modern Bulgarian historiography claims that the Bulgar conquest of parts of Macedonia transformed the Macedonians and the Slavs in Macedonia into Bulgarians. The claim is quite ridiculous and easily dismissed for the following main reasons:
a) There is NO recorded settlement of Bulgars in Macedonia as there is recorded the settlement of the Slavs among the Macedonians, or as is recorded the settlement of Bulgars among the Thracians and Slavs in Thrace.
b) The Bulgar intrusion into Macedonia was nothing but a temporary conquest by foreign armies. Because it was a temporary conquest it is impossible to imagine that the Macedonians suddenly "evolved" into Bulgarians. The case is identical with Serbia since the Bulgarian armies also conquered that country. The Serbians as we know did not turn into Bulgarians either. Likewise the conquest of Russia of the Caucasus countries did not turn these people into Russians despite both of centuries of occupation and Russian settlements among the natives.
c) The Romans held Macedonia for more then 12 centuries and yet the Macedonians continued to be mentioned as nation in Byzantine sources, both before and after the Bulgarian conquest. Thus, since the Romans did not turn the Macedonians into Romans after 12 centuries it is more then impossible that the Bulgarians could have turned them into Bulgarians after holding parts of that land over a miniscule period of time.
7. Modern Bulgarian historiography also claims that the apostle brothers St. Cyril and Methodius from the 10th century, who came from the largest Macedonian city Salonica were Bulgarians. However such claim is also impossible since Salonica was never taken by the Bulgarians. The city obviously kept its original Macedonian population since Byzantine records of those times call it "the largest city of the Macedonians". Thus, Cyril and Methodius could not be anything else but Macedonians. Cyril and Methodius' father was an important Macedonian in Salonica. It is simply impossible that he or his sons even looked like the typical Turko-Mongolic Bulgarians from the 11th century.
8. Modern Bulgarian historiography denies that the modern Macedonians are descendents of the ancient Macedonians, but ironically it recognizes that the modern Bulgarians are descendents of the ancient Thracians. Right away they contradict themselves since it is impossible to imagine that the Thracians existed in the 7th century when the Bulgars settled among them, while the ancient Macedonians somehow disappeared a century earlier when the Slavs settled Macedonia. The fact that the Macedonians are mentioned as nation and Slavs are mentioned as living side by side by them in Macedonia in the following centuries by the Byzantine historians is proof that the Macedonians did not mysteriously cease to exist. It also proves that the modern Bulgarian historians are attempting to falsify the history of the Macedonian nation to their likes, although unsuccessfully.
9. The Turks entered Europe in the 14th century with the help of the Turko-Mongolic Bulgars conquered the Balkan countries, including Macedonia and Thrace.
10. After centuries of ruthless oppression, the Balkan peoples lost a clear ethnic identification. The Greeks called themselves Romanoi, the Bulgarians called themselves Serbs, Greeks and Bulgars, while the Macedonians called themselves Christians, Bulgarians, Slavs, but also Macedonians. There are Russian, Austrian, German, English sources since the 15th centuries which mention the existence of the Macedonians among their neighbors Serbians, Greeks, and Bulgarians. Furthermore written records show that Macedonians claimed a lineage from Alexander the Great and the ancient Macedonians.
11. In the 19th century when nationalism swept the Balkans and the Greek and Bulgarians strove to develop their own Greek and Bulgarian nationality, so did the Macedonians strove to develop their own Macedonian nationality and consciousness. More and more cases are reported where the Macedonians claimed a distinct nationality as direct descendents of the ancient Macedonians and Alexander the Great. The Macedonian rebellions against the Turks in the 19th century, the deeds of the Macedonian intellectuals, and the Macedonian folk and literature have brought up this strong national awakening.
12. Having open appetite to Macedonian land, Bulgaria did everything to suppress the development of the Macedonian national awakening and many Macedonians who fought against the Turks and sought refuge ended up in Bulgarian prisons, or were betrayed and surrendered to the Turks. Such examples were Alexander of Ohrid, father Theodosie of Skopje who attempted to form an independent Macedonian church, Gotse Delchev, Jane Sandanski, Gjorche Petrov, and countless others.
13. That the Bulgarians tried everything to falsify the history of the Macedonians we find proof in the recent discovery of a stone inscription which states that the Macedonians of the 10th century and Czar Samoil were Bulgarians. However, the stone was examined by the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences in Sofia and its director himself declared that the inscription was a 19th century Bulgarian fabrication. Thus we have obtained a clear proof that the Bulgarians have been falsifying the history of the Macedonians for more then a century. If Tsar Samoil was indeed a "Bulgarian", there would have been no need to use falsifications in order to show that. It is obvious that the falsifiers were aware that that neither Samoil nor the Macedonians were Bulgarian and with that in mind they created the forgery. Needless to say, modern historiography calls the Bulgarian claims that Samoil was a Bulgarian - absurd.
14. Yet the Bulgarians also contradict themselves in their claim that the Macedonians were "Bulgarians". There are Bulgarian historians like Draganov and Slaveykov, who even since the 19th century admitted that the Macedonians were not Bulgarians but a distinct nation with its own language, culture, and ethnicity.
15. In 1913 Bulgaria, and her allies Serbia and Greece, with the help of more then 100,000 Macedonians who fought along these three armies, drove the Turks out of Macedonia, but Macedonia did not gain its freedom. Instead, the Balkan countries partitioned Macedonia among themselves and Bulgaria occupied 13% of the whole territory, called Pirin Macedonia.
16. Bulgaria now begun an open assimilatory politics against the Macedonians, just like Greece did in Aegean Macedonia, and proclaimed that the Macedonians of Pirin are Bulgarians. Any opposition was brutally suppressed.
17. After helping the Turks to occupy the Balkans in the 14th century, the Bulgarians again sided with the dark side in World War II (1941-1945). As fascist allies of Hitler, the Bulgarian armies occupied the previously occupied Greek and Serbian parts of Macedonia.
18. But the Macedonians defeated the Bulgarian fascist troops and after the war, the government of Bulgaria on August 9, 1946 officially recognized the Macedonian nation and the right of the Pirin part of Macedonia to be attached to the People’s Republic of Macedonia.
19. The Macedonians in Bulgaria exist as separate nationality on all Bulgarian censuses after the end of World War II. The demography data from 1946 revealed that the majority of the population in the Pirin part of Macedonia declared itself as Macedonian in a free census. A period of cultural autonomy and affirmation of the Macedonian national and cultural values had begun. The Macedonian literary language and the national history have been introduced into the educational process. Almost 32,000 pupils were included into the teaching of Macedonian. In 1947 in Gorna Djumaja (Blagoevgrad nowadays) the first Macedonian bookstore and reading room were opened, as well as the Regional Macedonian National Theater. The newspapers in Macedonian such as "Pirinsko delo", "Nova Makedonija", "Mlad Borec" etc. were also published. Literary circles and cultural and artistic associations were founded contributing to the spreading of the Macedonian culture. In the Bulgarian census of 1956, the majority of the population of Pirin again declared itself Macedonian.
20. However, since 1956 Bulgaria has altered her attitude, negating again the existence of the Macedonian nation and forbidding the free expression of Macedonian nationality and language. The idea was enforced and as result, in the census of 1965, the number of Macedonians suddenly dropped to only 8,750 and in the district of Blagoevgrad which previously had the highest percentage of Macedonians, it was "mysteriously" less than 1%. Yet the Macedonians in Bulgaria begun organizing themselves and in 1989, United Macedonian Organization - Ilinden (OMO Ilinden) was formed, demanding cultural and national autonomy for the Macedonians in Pirin.
21. Like Greece, Bulgaria stands accused by the international human rights organizations Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International for denying the Macedonians of Pirin their basic human rights to identify themselves as Macedonians. Nevertheless it is recognized that the Macedonians exist in Bulgaria with their own national consciousness and consist a sizable minority. They organize themselves despite the pressures and intimidation of the Bulgarian police, and continue to peacefully demand their rights which the Bulgarians stripped them off since their army took over Pirin Macedonia in 1913.
22. The Bulgarians and the Macedonians also defer in physical appearance. The typical Mongolic features among the modern Bulgarians are absent among the Macedonians. The ancient Bulgar personal names still common today among the modern Bulgarians are absent among the Macedonians. The Bulgarian and Macedonian folklore and music are much different and none of the Bulgarian khans or other rulers have ever been celebrated among the Macedonians. In contrast stories about the Macedonian kings Alexander the Great and Philip II, and the Macedonian Slav Czar Samoil dominate the Macedonian folklore, music, and dance. Finally, the fact that the Bulgarians have kept their ancient Asiatic name, and the Macedonians have kept their ancient European name speaks clearly that they are aware of the fact they are two different nations with two different ethnic roots.
Add comment to this page:
|The last comments on this page:|
|Comment posted by Ballentine( fidelballentinehotmail.de ), 13.11.2013 um 11:56 (UTC):|
Just what are some people's experiences of employment
development in the security field? I would eventually prefer to end up
operating in the police force and I'm thinking if I could simply get straight into that or check the waters with something less intense.
Has anyone started out in basic security and ended up working with law enforcement?
|Comment posted by Severson( margarito.seversongmail.com ), 04.11.2013 um 07:25 (UTC):|
I'm very happy to find this great site. I wanted to thank you for your time for this particularly fantastic read!!
I definitely liked every bit of it and i also have
you saved as a favorite to look at new things on your blog.
|Comment posted by Marmon( greta.marmoninbox.com ), 14.10.2013 um 21:58 (UTC):|
I hope you don't mind me commenting listed here, I wished to subscribe to your RSS feed (terrific blog site
by the way) yet could not locate the subscription web link -
|Comment posted by Fenner( lelafennertheinternetemail.com ), 11.10.2013 um 13:47 (UTC):|
The kinds of industrial hoovers and central vacuum systems which is available from Gotland include a variety of Diesel and power, stand alone or trailer- mounted, forklift
handled or compact electrical units and- pre purchase - they can advise
you around the most appropriate industrial floor cleaners or central vacuum systems
that best suits your cleaning and waste removal needs; to secure your 100% satisfaction- ensuring
the position is done towards the highest amount of quality, 'right'
the 1st time. Before you perform any with the maintenance acts, make sure you might have unplugged the carpet cleaner so that it does not turn on accidently and harm you.
' For specialist cleaning companies, the undeniable fact
that industrial vacuum cleaners are able to generate short work of otherwise lengthy
cleaning tasks means which they are able to pay more jobs in a very day.
Includes 2 interchangeable mop heads and 4 washable microfiber
cleaning pads. Even so, this changed when Dyson vacuum cleaners came on on the marketplace.
If at any time time your dog gets consumed with stress
or tired go back with a previous and simpler step allowing the dog being successful again.
If your vacuum sweeper features a brush that spins, you'll see that it picks up pet fur better when compared
to a vacuum that does not have any roller. Air driven
beater bars aren't as effective as electric driven beater bars.
Since both of those activities (especially thoroughly cleaning a
keyboard, though, again, you may try dusting out with a vacuum cleaner) would take several hours anyhow, and you could probably find enough money around the street to get a keyboard within an hour
if you really didn't have the funds for it. See your local hoover small retail business to establish if you happen to be better served
by performing a service on your vacuum or just trading it
in on the different model.
|Comment posted by McGarvie( julianamcgarvieyahoo.com ), 11.10.2013 um 07:38 (UTC):|
Wet dry vacuum cleaner provides industrial and domestic users a much more versatile cleaning
option. Before you perform any from the maintenance acts,
make sure you've unplugged the hoover so that it does not
turn on accidently and harm you. These are useful to clean up liquid spills but usually are not considered being very useful in the
home. These models are handier to utilize,
but only when running about the rechargeable batteries, are limited in their duration of use.
Vacuum cleaner bags can be found in huge variety reliant about the brand and model from the unit so
ensure your neighboring vendor maintains the stock of dust bags for that specific model
type. This Hoover carpet cleaner is really a nice, light-weight
model weighing under 12 lbs. In addition, many individuals look with the price of a vacuum based
on several factors, such since the width in
the cleaning path, the size from the motor, and what forms of attachments come together with it.
- Find the "Keyboards" section, expand it, in order to
find your keyboard. A modern thermostat set on the optimum water temperature needs to be fitted to a
well insulated hot water tank, in addition to insulated water pipes that will likely improve your upgraded energy efficient home home heating.
It sucks out dirt instantly without leaving scratches or marks on the computer.
|Comment posted by Roney( eleanor_roneyfreenet.de ), 11.10.2013 um 00:34 (UTC):|
A little damage for a pocketbook will pay off handsomely in greater
comfort on the years you'll be using the machine. Even in this category of uprigth
vacuums, there can be a number of choices. If you've got more to pay you should consider a HEPA
filter. Includes 2 interchangeable mop heads and 4 washable microfiber cleaning pads.
Then, perhaps there is any point in buying the vacuum
cleaners from the regular shops. Claude Whitacre owns The Sweeper Store in
Wooster Ohio. Producers who had been the moment very dependant on the sales of the machines
had now found an completely new territory for the disposable
bags, and after again sales went by means from the roof.
Lightweight hoovers that have appeared in stores over the last decade prove
that there really is no need to struggle using the large scary metal contraption that is called the conventional hoover.
Remember that Roomba isn't only company that produces robotic hoovers,
as additional products worth looking into include Karcher RC 3000, EVac, and
also Samsung. When making comparisons it really is easy to imagine than
bigger is much better.
|Comment posted by Milliman( marianomillimanfreenet.de ), 09.10.2013 um 19:34 (UTC):|
medicare supplement plans Humana anthem medicare medicare f
|Comment posted by Dent( aimeedentgmail.com ), 09.10.2013 um 00:03 (UTC):|
This is especially beneficial in the event you
suffer from asthma or some other similar allergy. The only other disadvantage I could see
someone having with a few uprights may be the fact which they can generally be
expensive. The complete procedure is fast and uncomplicated so that
as shortly as you might have performed it having a new hoover a few
times, you shall be in a placement to hold on in long term minus the need of even pondering about this.
They are also suitable for removing periodontal provided they are equipped with
gum cleaning kits. Vacuum cleaner bags can be found
in huge variety reliant around the brand and model with the unit so ensure
your neighboring vendor maintains the stock of dust bags for that particular model type.
'Most female executives spend too much time running their household,
when they could easily and inexpensively delegate this task
with a cleaning service' - Jack Canfield. You may think that can be an unsurprising fact, but museum curator
Tom Gasko would argue the point with you. A clever solution located him eventually while observing a computer at a sawmill that would rapidly spin air to remove sawdust.
There can be a filtering system around the
inside of the vacuum that collects the dirt and mud and places it into
either a vacuum cleaner bag or possibly a canister inside
vacuum to get disposed of later in the garbage. If you dont mind emptying the water after each use, we obtain the Rainbow to be
the emblem most industry is fiercely loyal to.
|Comment posted by Wilding( steffenwildinghotmail.de ), 07.10.2013 um 17:28 (UTC):|
A little damage in your pocketbook will probably pay off handsomely in greater comfort within the years you'll be while
using the machine. The only other disadvantage I could see someone having with many uprights may
be the fact that they can can generally are expensive.
Celebrate technique haphazard criteria programming systems and might
actually range from the identical location quite a number of occasions.
The previous mode immediately works your dimensions from the room while suitably adjusting its cleaning time.
Dirt and food particles get embedded in the fibers with
the seat fabric and carpets, and want powerful suction to get them out and really
clean. If at any time time your pet gets consumed with stress or tired go back
to your previous and easier step allowing the dog to get successful
again. You may think that can be an unsurprising fact, but museum curator Tom Gasko
would argue the point with you. Overall, however, the American-made Oreck Classic XL wins our short hoover showdown.
A modern thermostat set at the optimum water temperature ought to be fitted to some well insulated domestic hot water tank,
as well as insulated water pipes that will also improve your upgraded energy efficient home heat.
The Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum will set you back $29.
|Comment posted by Salley( leonard-salleygmail.com ), 07.10.2013 um 06:37 (UTC):|
They often claim it'll only take half an hour or less.
Even with this category of uprigth vacuums, there really
are a number of choices. These are useful to mop
up liquid spills but are not considered to become very useful inside a home.
Further, as there are very different manufacturers and corporations to select from, the hoover facial cleaner evaluates entirely on usually the
internet server tel a persons find out in regards to the
realism and reliability of an typical manufacturers.
_ The Neato XV-11 Vacuum Cleaner includes revolutionary
robotics intelligence that assures that domestic robot cleans your
entire floor, carefully avoiding furniture, walls along
with other objects. This Hoover carpet cleaner is often a nice, light-weight model weighing under 12 lbs.
But it boggles mental performance when in fact
this in-depth testing, their findings don't
often jive with owner feedback. - Right click about the keyboard and select "Update Drivers".
There is really a filtering system on the inside of
the vacuum that collects the dirt and dust and places it into either a vacuum bag or possibly
a canister within the vacuum to get disposed of later within the
garbage. See your local vacuum small retail business to create if you are
better served by doing a service on your hoover or just trading
it in on a different model.
|Comment posted by Casimaty( mathias-casimatywildmail.com ), 04.10.2013 um 22:58 (UTC):|
This can allow it to be over the top for many American households.
The only other disadvantage I could see someone having by incorporating uprights will be the fact which
they can generally are expensive. Clean it with each use and keep your brushes clear to generate sure that the vacuum continuously contains
the correct amount of suction. These models are handier to work with, but if perhaps running about
the rechargeable batteries, are limited inside their duration
of use. _ The Neato XV-11 Vacuum Cleaner includes revolutionary robotics intelligence that assures
this domestic robot cleans your entire floor, carefully avoiding furniture, walls and also other objects.
'Most female executives spend a lot of time running their household, once they could easily
and inexpensively delegate this task with a cleaning service' - Jack Canfield.
While checking the brush roll, look for other clogs
for the bottom in the vacuum. Lightweight vacuum cleaners that have appeared in stores over the
last decade prove that there really is no need to
struggle with the large scary metal contraption that is known as the conventional vacuum cleaner.
You'll find many designs of Chicago windows and
excellent suggestions around the web page. 99, the retail price blows its competitors out in the water.
|Comment posted by Dugdale( dwight-dugdalegmx.net ), 04.10.2013 um 15:30 (UTC):|
|Comment posted by Stinnett( venettastinnettinbox.com ), 03.10.2013 um 22:08 (UTC):|
Article writing is also a excitement, if you be acquainted with then you can write
if not it is complex to write.
|Comment posted by Cawthorne( steviecawthorneaol.com ), 03.10.2013 um 01:49 (UTC):|
Fantastic goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are
just extremely fantastic. I actually like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you're saying
and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you
still care for to keep it sensible. I can not wait to read much more from you.
This is really a tremendous website.
|Comment posted by Guess( richieguessarcor.de ), 29.09.2013 um 03:52 (UTC):|
Wet dry vacuum provides industrial and domestic users a much more versatile cleaning option.
Please note that some vacuum problems too dangerous to DIY and you might want the help of your professional.
The complete procedure is fast and uncomplicated so that as
shortly as you've got performed it creating a new vacuum a few times,
you shall be in a placement to hold on in long term with no need of even pondering regarding it.
If they get the same package on discount sales at Wal-Mart for $49, they defintely won't
be impressed. Then, perhaps there is any part of buying the floor cleaners from
the traditional shops. If at any reason for time
your dog gets consumed with stress or tired go back to a previous
and easier step allowing the dog being successful again.
But it boggles your head when in fact this in-depth testing, their findings don't often jive
with owner feedback. Air driven beater bars usually are not as
effective as electric driven beater bars.
Generally, the fixes you have to make are minor but you should be prepared to the
worst. It sucks out dirt instantly without leaving scratches or marks
on your own computer.
|Comment posted by Hardison( margarettehardisonfreenet.de ), 28.09.2013 um 05:57 (UTC):|
|Comment posted by Reaves( vilma-reavescare2.com ), 28.09.2013 um 01:19 (UTC):|
Hey there, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues.
When I look at your blog site in Firefox, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has
some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
Other then that, terrific blog!
|Comment posted by Harms( jonathonharmsyahoo.de ), 19.09.2013 um 11:16 (UTC):|
|Comment posted by archeage gold( waorwzsyjgmail.com ), 04.03.2013 um 05:21 (UTC):|
Hey, you used to write magnificent, but the last several posts have been kinda boring? I miss your super writings. Past several posts are just a little out of track! come on!